HAUNTED HOUSE - SWITCH
Thrills, chills and Roguelite spills galore in this family-friendly reimagining of the Atari classic Haunted House. Take control of Lyn Graves, the precocious niece of legendary treasure hunter Zachary Graves, as she creeps through the ever-shifting walls of her uncle’s haunted mansion searching for her friends and her lost uncle. With isometric 3rd-person stealth gameplay, Lyn must sneak, run, and occasionally fight her way through hordes of ghouls and ghasts while trying to collect and shards of a legendary magical urn, each of which is fiercely guarded by a boss on each floor of the mansion. When Lyn gets knocked out, she winds up back at the Haunted House’s entrance, and must face an entirely new floor layout and enemy placement, ensuring each run is unique. Do you have what it takes to defeat the perils of the HAUNTED HOUSE?
- Roguelite Design: Each run through the Haunted House features different room layouts, enemy positioning and unique encounters, making each playthrough a distinct and surprising experience. Gems collected during runs allow Lyn to power up her skills and attributes, making her that much stronger during her next trip into the mansion.
- Cartoon Visuals: A whimsical, family-friendly art direction rides the line between goofy and spooky. But just because the monsters may look silly…. They can still pack a wallop!
- Innovative Stealth Gameplay: Combat is de-emphasized in Haunted House. Instead, Lyn must rely on stealth movement and a collection of one-time use items and traps to make her way through the perilous mansion.
- Unlockable Characters: As Lyn explores the Haunted House, she’ll free her trapped friends, who become playable characters you can use to dive deeper into the mansion.
- Atari Easter Eggs: The game is full of collectibles and lore touching on the original Haunted House and other classics from Atari’s golden age.