Akai Katana Shin [Limited Run Games] - PS4
Experience sensory overload with CAVE's addition to the shmup arena, Akai Katana. Enter into an epic tale set in the Taisho era with three titles from Cave's Akai Katana series that has captured the hearts of passionate shoot 'em-up fans.
The people have discovered the powerful Blood Swords. It requires human sacrifices to unleash their immense destructive power.
The empire used these swords to crush neighbouring countries. Katana is the second CAVE release to feature horizontal combat in sumptuous HD. Prepare for a new definition of 'bullet hell'!
Akai Katana" is a side-scrolling shooting game released in 2010 in arcades. A port was later made in Japan for more advanced hardware under the name of "Akai Katana Shin", and thanks to the 16:9 screen ratio, the game became even more intuitive. Finally, Cave made a third edition, "Zetsu Akai Katana", in which the quality of life and the game's balance got revised. Each game will require different tactics, so prepare yourself.
New features include new musical arrangements by Daisuke Matsumoto, an online leaderboard and much more.
CONTAINS THREE TITLES FROM CAVE'S AKAI KATANA SERIES:
- Akai Katana, The first arcade game of the series released in 2010. 2 Player Co-Op.
- Akai Katana Shin A home console version with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and new game features such as Hagane and Katana.
- Akai Katana Zetsu, based on Akai Katana with an aspect ratio of 16:9 with adjusted game mechanics
- Quality Game Modes Packed With Features Settings: Adjust options such as sound volume and screen display. Turn the Screen Frame on to see captions for character voices during the game.
- Training: Specify a stage and adjust your unit's condition to carry out individual training.
- Score Attack: See how far you can go with only one life. No continuous or restarts are allowed. Save Rank and replays separately from regular gameplay.
- Online Leaderboard: See how your score compares against other players online.
- Replay: Record and save gameplay data from the session's start to end. Other than playing and pausing the replay, you can also use the Edit function to jump right into the game from a specific point in time.
- Daisuke Matsumoto's New Soundtrack Masterpieces Daisuke Matsumoto, music composer of Gothic wa Mahou Otome and sound effects producer for the Akai Katana series, returns with exciting new musical arrangements for the game's soundtrack. Switch between three different versions of BGM for this game, including the original audio and new tracks created for Akai Katana Shin.