RIVER CITY GIRLS 1 & 2 (JPN ENGLISH IMPORT) - SWITCH
River City Girls
Kick butt, take names, and pound punks in this all-new installment of the classic co-op beat-’em-up series! River City Girls stars Kyoko and Misako, two street-tough high-schoolers who must fight their way through the six regions of River City to rescue their kidnapped boyfriends, series mainstays Kunio and Riki. Along the way, they’ll utilize an arsenal of combos, counters, throws, and special attacks; battle an assortment of enemies; accept numerous side quests; level up with experience points; interact with NPCs (including guest stars from past River City games); and shop for a variety of items, food, and gear to boost stats and unlock new abilities. The girls can even wield weapons and recruit defeated foes to join them in combat!
The one- or local two-player bare-knuckle brawling is complemented by spectacular 16-bit-style graphics and an epic synth-pop soundtrack (featuring NateWantsToBattle, Chipzel, Christina Vee, and Megan McDuffee!), while the story roars to life via glorious anime cutscenes and manga-style intermissions.
River City Girls 2
Picking up where the first RCG left off, River City Girls 2 throws hot-blooded high-schoolers Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki — along with newcomers Marian and Provie — into the fight of their lives when an old foe returns to wreak havoc. But the girls (and guys) aren’t just giving up; they’re fighting back with new stat-altering accessories, new items, new weapons, and additional moves (such as Kyoko’s Cartwheel Kick and Misako’s Lightning Rider), along with brand-new abilities like guard-crush attacks and lift-off combos. Recruited foes are back to assist in battle — this time you can hold two at once! — plus you can now enlist the help of hired henchmen who pack even more of a punch!
River City is more alive than ever, with a day-night cycle, more-complex terrain, more shops, new hazards, hidden areas, and an abundance of destructible objects. The brawl will take players to numerous new and updated regions of the city — including downtown slums, a tech-company campus, and an enchanted forest — and pit them against an assortment of new enemies and bosses, such as the Dragon Twins (Ryuji and Ryuichi). Our heroes can even visit hideouts where they can store extra equipment, swap recruits, or just chill while listening to music.
Other additions to River City Girls 2 include improved quest tracking, three difficulty settings, and a dynamic story system with dialogue that changes depending on the player-controlled characters. And, of course, the game features a new animated intro, new comic book-style cutscenes, and a new hard-hitting synthpop soundtrack from original River City Girls composer Megan McDuffee!
- Furious beat-’em-up action for one or two players!
- Stunning pixel-art graphics plus anime and manga cutscenes!
- Fantastic soundtrack featuring NateWantsToBattle, Chipzel, Christina Vee, and Megan McDuffee!
- Six large city regions to fight through, complete with shops and side quests!
- Loads of weapons, items, and abilities to power-up your heroines!
- Guest appearances by classic River City characters!
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: guard crushes, lift-off combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online
- New hired henchmen aid players in battle! Hold two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face – including surprise cameos!
- River City Girls supported languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
- River City Girls 2 supported languages: Japanese, English, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.